Mustard Cardigan and Leopard Dress from GOWIGASA
June+Julia‘s Febrina Suede Heels
15 quick ways to pick up your spirits:
1. Keep a running list of inspiring quotes and uplifting jokes. Refer to them when you need to.
2. Call a friend and ask her to tell you her favorite joke.
3. Fake a smile for 5 or 10 minutes.
4. Close your eyes for a few minutes.
5. Call your mom.
6. Look through old scrapbooks or personal journals.
7. Go outside. A few minutes of fresh air can do wonders for your mood.
8. Go for a very quick jog.
9. Keep a gratitude journal, in which you write down things that you are thankful for. This is a great way to start and end each day. For a quick “pick-me-up,” write as many gratitudes as you can in one minute. Don’t think; just write.
10. Make something. Use your creative mind, and create something with your own two hands, whether it is a piece of jewelry, a scrapbook page, a pretty floral arrangement or a batch of cookies.
11. What is your biggest goal (or your biggest problem)? Do one thing that will contribute to its completion (or its solution.)
12. Eat something healthy and fresh. You could be feeling blue because your blood sugar has taken a dip. Eat a bowl of fresh fruits or vegetables.
13. Pour a cup of hot cocoa or a cup of coffee and read a favorite magazine for a few minutes.
14. Turn on music. Your favorite tunes can really lift your spirits. Use classical and jazz to calm; rock and roll or hip hop to energize.
15. Mark Twain said, “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” He’s right, and it doesn’t have to mean a big time investment. Just do something thoughtful for someone, right now.
If your mood doesn’t brighten right away, go with the flow, and accept your mood just the way it is. It is okay to be feel blue every now and then. Let yourself rest, and give yourself time to restore your own happy mood in your own natural time. 🙂